“Laptops for Learning” options*
Every student needs a device
In 2021 the Chromebook device we offer in will be the Lenovo 300e 2nd Generation. It has a touchscreen and long battery life with high performance specifications and is perfectly suited for our school’s ICT network, the Google educational suite and external internet access.
• Laptops will be available for our “2021 Return to School Program” Just before school starts next year.
• The dates for this will be promoted before the end of 2020. Keep an eye on our facebook page and website.
OPTION 1 – Total Cost $480
• Lease a Lenovo 300e 2nd Generation for 1 YEAR at a cost of $480.
• At the end of the 1 year lease you will own the device.
• If you choose this option you are committing to buy the device for $480 over the course of 1 year.
• Centrepay or part payment through the school may be available via a signed agreement.
OPTION 2 – Total Cost $480
• Buy a Chromebook OUTRIGHT for $480.
• You will own the device immediately.
• If you choose this option you are committing to buy the device outright for $480.
• There is NO time payment scheme available for this option.
OPTION 3 – Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
• Students may already have a laptop.
We do our utmost to ensure that any computer a student may have access to is useable on our network. Many devices are available from a wide range of retailers in a wide price / quality range.
Minimum System Requirements –
Operating system –
• Windows 10 or later
• Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) or later.
• Chrome OS
• iOS 12 and later (iPad)
WiFi connectivity –
Social Justice options are available in cases of extreme financial hardship. The comparative quality and performance of the device supplied may vary as they will be sourced from our older school owned devices. However we guarantee they will be functional and fit for purpose. Please make an appointment with a member of our Wellbeing team to apply.
PURCHASING A LAPTOP FROM US
This must be done in person at our Finance Office.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Permission to use any device on the PIC network is approved only after the lessee has signed and returned the following documents - • "Laptops for Learning User Agreement" • “Electronic Device user agreement” • "Acceptable Electronic Device use Policy". Click on the document names above to see the full terms & conditions.
* While stocks last. **The make and model of Chromebook device offered will vary depending on availability and cost.