“Laptops for Learning” options*
Every student must have a device
The Chromebook devices we offer will have a touchscreen and long battery life with high performance specifications developed for the school’s ICT network, the Google educational suite and external internet access.
NOTE – Due to Covid-19, delivery times of new laptops is uncertain.
OPTION 1 – Total Cost $480
• Lease a Chromebook for 1 year at a cost of $480.
• At the end of the 1 year lease you will own the device.
• If you choose this option you are committing to buy the device for $480 over the course of 1 year.
• Centrepay or part payment through the school may be available via a signed agreement.
OPTION 2 – Total Cost $480
• Buy a Chromebook outright for $480.
• You will own the device immediately.
• If you choose this option you are committing to buy the device outright for $480.
• There is NO time payment scheme available for this option.
OPTION 3 – Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
• Of course students may already have a laptop.
We do our utmost to ensure that any computer a student may have access to is useable on our network. Many devices are available from a wide range of retailers in a wide price / quality range.
Minimum System Requirements –
Operating system –
• Windows 10 or later
• Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) or later.
• Chrome OS
• iOS 12 and later (iPad)
WiFi connectivity –
Social Justice options are available in cases of extreme financial hardship. The comparative quality and performance of the device supplied may vary as they will be sourced from our older school owned devices. However we guarantee they will be functional and fit for purpose. Please make an appointment with a member of our Wellbeing team to apply.
If you’re ready to chose one of these options, then CLICK HERE to download the combined “Electronic Device User Agreement” and “Acceptable Electronic Device use Policy” document. Read about your options, fill out the forms and bring them in to us at the PIC front office.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• Permission to use any device on the PIC network is approved only after the lessee has signed and returned the “Electronic Device user agreement” and the "Acceptable Electronic Device use Policy". • Selection of option 1 or option 2 means you have made a commitment to fully pay for that option. • The lessee will be financially liable for any repairable or irreparable damage to devices or lost devices which are either fully or partially owned by the school. • All devices are supplied with chargers. The lessee will be liable for any loss or damage to the charger. • If a student leaves PIC before the device is fully paid off, the device will need to be either returned back to PIC, or paid out in full. • All costs will be to the full value of the device, minus payments already made. • Any “Original” device in the care of the ICT office which has unpaid charges must be reclaimed within 4 weeks, otherwise it may be repurposed. • All fees are legally recoverable.
* While stocks last. **The make and model of Chromebook device offered will vary depending on availability and cost.