Current Year 6 and 7 students
can now apply for our
Special Interest Music scholarships
commencing in the 2022 school year.
As one of four Special Interest Music Centres (SIMC) in South Australia, Playford International College (PIC) offer music scholarships for students who successfully audition into our music program. The audition process is open to any students who play an instrument, including voice, and we encourage all students who have a passion for music to apply.
Successful students will receive the following benefits:
- The opportunity to learn multiple instruments to broaden their skills acquisition
- Extended musically through participating in the Special Interest Music course where they will study composition, ensemble performance, solo performance, musical styles, and music technology
- Entitled to receive financial subsidy ($450) towards the cost of private tuition on one instrument
- Provided unique opportunities to engage in workshops with professional musicians and industry professionals. Through collaboration with a range of external organisations, potential outcomes include work experience, performance opportunities, tertiary pathways, and industry employment
- Provided with free one-on-one instrumental tuition on their first instrument or voice
- Provided with free group instrumental lessons on any additional instruments
- Participation in co-curricular performance groups and continue special and elective music studies through to year 12 Special Interest Music students also participate in intra and interstate travel, have the opportunity to perform at many high-profile public events and work with industry and music professionals.
Applications are now open for current Year 6 and 7 students.
or submit an application form to the front office at Playford International College.
Applications close on April 30 and auditions will be scheduled between 18 & 21 May 2021.
Auditions for current year 6 students will be held on Tuesday 18 and Wednesday 19 May 2021.
Auditions for current year 7 students will be held on Thursday 20 and Friday 21 May 2021.