Course and Curriculum
The Special Interest Music Centre offers unique opportunities to study music at the secondary level while students maintain their other studies through the support of specialist staff and resources. Students have opportunities to develop high level skills in Solo and Ensemble Performance, Composing and Arranging, Music History and Analysis, Musicianship and Music Technology.
Playford International College employs specialised and dedicated music staff, both teaching and ancillary, that are selected through a rigorous process. The Head of Music Centre and Deputy Head of Music oversee and co-ordinate the music program Department of Education and Private instrumental teachers also service the school, offering an extensive range of individual and small group instrumental musical tuition.
The music staff are highly capable generalist music teachers with strong skills across the board. Each also has specialist areas of talent and knowledge, covering genres from musicology, jazz, classical, instrumental accompanying, choral direction, orchestral conducting, composition, VET music and music technology. There are high expectations of the staff to encourage and support extra-curricular involvement from both the school and the wider community, with over 50 public performances on the calendar every year.
Application for Special Interest Music Program – 2021 School Year
|CLICK HERE to download SIMC Brochure
• To Apply you will need to complete the application forms and return to the school no later than Friday 8 May 2020.
CLICK HERE to download SIMC Application Form
• Auditions will be held on Wednesday 20 May and Thursday 21 May 2020 for entrance into the 2021 Special Interest Music Centre program.
Auditions consist of three parts;
1. Performance - Students present a musical work on at least one instrument.
2. Practical Musicianship - Students demonstrate their ability to recognise and respond to elements of music including pitch, rhythm and melody.
3. Interview - Students demonstrate academic rigour, time management, and commitment pursuing an area of passion and interest.
If you need a hard copy form or have any further questions about the Special Interest Music Centre program, please contact the Special Interest Music Centre.