The Elective Contemporary Music Course is a full year subject and may be continued through to Year 12.
Students learn a rock instrument (guitar, keyboard, bass guitar, drums, vocals) and play contemporary music in a class band. Students work towards completing the VET Certificate II in Music and engage in project-based learning incorporating Music Industry, Music Technology and Interactive Music Theory. Compulsory attendance of weekly instrumental lessons and home practice are required.
- Performance – Students participate in a class band on their chosen instrument
- Music Industry – Students develop research skills through project-based learning activities
- Interactive Theory – Students learn to read and write music and apply their knowledge in a practical setting using keyboards
- Music Technology – Students use professional audio equipment and computing software to create electronic music and manipulate sound
Instrumental studies are offered in each of the following areas:
- Guitar – Electric and Bass