The Australian Government Smarter Schools National Partnerships are designed to build the capacity of South Australian schools and contribute to the achievement of the following National Education Agreement Outcomes:
- All children are engaged in and benefiting from schooling;
- Young people are meeting basic literacy and numeracy standards, and overall levels of literacy and numeracy achievement are improving;
- Schooling promotes social inclusion and reduces educational disadvantage of children, especially indigenous children;
- Australian students excel by international standards; and
- Young people make a successful transition from school to work and further study.