First Day of Term 1 January 30 2017
We welcome our Year 8s, Year 9s and Year 10s to Playford International College! Our school focuses on 4 values: Respect, Excellence, Integrity and Independence. We have a great year planned for you and it all starts on January 30, 2017.
What do I do on January 30, 2017?
Arrive at school at 8:45 and locate your name on one of the House lists (with Mentor teacher’s name) outside the following buildings:
- Year 8 Home Group lists will be outside the Gym Doors
- Year 9 Home Group list will be outside the Learning Hub building
- Year 10 Home Group list will be outside the C-Block building
Move to the Gym for a 9:00am ‘whole school assembly’ and make your way to your House group. There will be lots of teachers and helpers to show you where to go … just ask.
When the bell rings at 9:10 you will meet with your mentor teacher.
After Recess, you will commence your normal classes.
What do I need?
- You need to be in complete school uniform.
- Bring a school back pack to carry your books.
- Have your Recess and Lunch with you – or have money to buy food and drinks at the school canteen.
What are the school times?
- We start school at 9:10am each morning.
- We finish school at 3:30pm each Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
- We finish at 2:50pm each Monday and Wednesday.
- Recess time is at 10:30 to 10:50 each day.
- Lunch time is at 12:10 to 12:40 each day.
What are the Term dates for 2017?
Term 1: 30th January to 14th April
Term 2: 1st May to 7th July
Term 3: 24th July to 29th September
Term 4: 16th October to 15th December
When are the Public Holiday for Term 1 2017?
Australia Day: 26th January
Adelaide Cup Day: 13th March
Good Friday: 14th April
Easter Monday: 17th April
Anzac Day: 25th April
All the best for 2017.
From the Middle School Leadership Team